Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My mom
cdp2011 posted:
My mother has RA in both knees and it kills me to see her struggle when she walks and try to get up from a sitting position!! I wish i could do something for her!!! She is now taking baby steps walking with a walker and physical therapy hurts her to bad!! I hate seeing her like this!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Cdp,

Are you sure it's Rheumatoid Arthritis and not Osteoarthritis? Either way, is she getting any help from her doctor, any pain management?

And if it is RA, I encourage you to post on our Rheumatoid Arthritis Community .
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

_swank_ responded:
As Caprice said, she needs to be seen by an orthopedic surgeon and/or a Rheumatologist if she truly has RA and not OA. Then there are knee replacements that can be done which should end the pain.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.