Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do I have arthritis?
MrsShortBus posted:
I have suffered from my hips popping, as if they are going in/out of socket, as I walk for years. Sometimes it was painful but not always. I have never had any problems w/my knees or shoulders. Within the last year, I've been able to crack my right clavical and it crunches as I rotate my shoulder. Sometimes this is painful. Recently, within the last month, I have developed right shoulder pain. Dull pain at rest and sharper pain when I try to lift my arm. I have also develped pain in my left knee, shap stabbing when I walk. Even shaper when going up/down a step. I've also develped pain in my right hip. The last couple of days it hurts to sit, stand, walk, lie down on either side or on my back. I suffered from rheumatic fever when I was 6 which affects joints. Could I have a form of arthritis? My mom, 70 y/o, has rheumatoid & osteoarthritis but didn't have any problems until about 60's. I am 48 y/o.

_swank_ responded:
Yes, of course, anyone can have some form of arthritis. However, that is not a question that can be answered on the internet. It requires a visit to a doctor that can examine you and order the appropriate tests. It is possible to have pain in a joint and not have arthritis.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.