Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Do I have arthritis?
    MrsShortBus posted:
    I have suffered from my hips popping, as if they are going in/out of socket, as I walk for years. Sometimes it was painful but not always. I have never had any problems w/my knees or shoulders. Within the last year, I've been able to crack my right clavical and it crunches as I rotate my shoulder. Sometimes this is painful. Recently, within the last month, I have developed right shoulder pain. Dull pain at rest and sharper pain when I try to lift my arm. I have also develped pain in my left knee, shap stabbing when I walk. Even shaper when going up/down a step. I've also develped pain in my right hip. The last couple of days it hurts to sit, stand, walk, lie down on either side or on my back. I suffered from rheumatic fever when I was 6 which affects joints. Could I have a form of arthritis? My mom, 70 y/o, has rheumatoid & osteoarthritis but didn't have any problems until about 60's. I am 48 y/o.

_swank_ responded:
    Yes, of course, anyone can have some form of arthritis. However, that is not a question that can be answered on the internet. It requires a visit to a doctor that can examine you and order the appropriate tests. It is possible to have pain in a joint and not have arthritis.

Helpful Tips

what should i do
    sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.