Skip to content
it came on so fast and fierce...is this what's suppose to happen?
law1mommy posted:
WOW. About 4 years ago, I suddenly couldn't walk without limping terribly for a few minutes until the pain lessened and then could walk somewhat normal. I was 35 and it honestly came out of nowhere. I have it to this day and it radiates from my right hip (some state it was bursitis) down my right thigh through my knee and calf to my foot. It's a dull achy pain that has put me in tears. I sit often and I also am up and walking often for work and try to stay the energetic mom of three boys, up and doing housework and such. The pain is getting horrible though and I do some stretches....who do I go to? I hear 'stay away from the chiropractor" and was actually told by one that my pelvis is tilted. I'm scared but I'm sick of being in pain!!! GRRRR

MaliaR responded:
It sounds like you have sciatica, which is a slipped disc in the lower back. It causes pain down the legs. I would recommend you go to a GOOD chiropractor who can adjust your spine. This should help you greatly. Don't be afraid of chiropractors, they have done a lot of good for me, but you need to find a good one, check with friends and such to get a recommendation. Good luck.

_swank_ responded:
You don't need a slipped disk to suffer from sciatica. The first thing you need to do is get a proper diagnosis. For this you should see an orthopedic spine surgeon or a neurologist. An ortho is probably going to be easier to get in to see. They will likely order an x-ray and MRI.

Do stay away from the chiropractor, at least until you have a diagnosis. They can't order MRI's and all of them are going to tell you your back or hip or whatever is tilted or crooked or whatever so they can adjust you over and over and over. But they are not medical doctors, can't order MRIs and can't read them either.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.