Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    it came on so fast and this what's suppose to happen?
    law1mommy posted:
    WOW. About 4 years ago, I suddenly couldn't walk without limping terribly for a few minutes until the pain lessened and then could walk somewhat normal. I was 35 and it honestly came out of nowhere. I have it to this day and it radiates from my right hip (some state it was bursitis) down my right thigh through my knee and calf to my foot. It's a dull achy pain that has put me in tears. I sit often and I also am up and walking often for work and try to stay the energetic mom of three boys, up and doing housework and such. The pain is getting horrible though and I do some stretches....who do I go to? I hear 'stay away from the chiropractor" and was actually told by one that my pelvis is tilted. I'm scared but I'm sick of being in pain!!! GRRRR
    MaliaR responded:
    It sounds like you have sciatica, which is a slipped disc in the lower back. It causes pain down the legs. I would recommend you go to a GOOD chiropractor who can adjust your spine. This should help you greatly. Don't be afraid of chiropractors, they have done a lot of good for me, but you need to find a good one, check with friends and such to get a recommendation. Good luck.
    _swank_ responded:
    You don't need a slipped disk to suffer from sciatica. The first thing you need to do is get a proper diagnosis. For this you should see an orthopedic spine surgeon or a neurologist. An ortho is probably going to be easier to get in to see. They will likely order an x-ray and MRI.

    Do stay away from the chiropractor, at least until you have a diagnosis. They can't order MRI's and all of them are going to tell you your back or hip or whatever is tilted or crooked or whatever so they can adjust you over and over and over. But they are not medical doctors, can't order MRIs and can't read them either.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.