Skip to content
hard to walk
donwolf posted:
am going on 57 years of age i have worked as a forklift operator on open docks for 30 plus years.i hurt my neck last year on my left side been to many doctors no one seems to help.since then my back has started to hurt me on the left side and then my left knee started to hurt until one day i couldn't walk after all the test i have a tear in my knee and arthritis in both knees. after the knee operation he fixed the tear and said he scrape some of the arthritis out.in my last meeting with the doctor i told him my knee was still hurting me and giving out his reply to me was try and lose a few pounds and if you cant handle your job anymore find a new one. to say the least i was not to happy but more worried than any thing.i have been back to work now for a week and every day is just torture my knee gets so painful and weak by the end of the day i cant even think straight.i am between a rock and a hard place if i keep on working its only a matter of time before they let me go or hurt myself worst.i don't know what my options are on what i should do next.all i do know is i cant live a good life in pain all the time can anyone give me suggestions on what my next steps should be all suggestions are welcomed with a big thanks.

_swank_ responded:
Your next step is to see another orthopedic surgeon. But more than likely the only option you have left is a knee replacement. There is no cure for arthritis and it will only get worse from here.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.