Skip to content
new here, please help
mayaone posted:
I have been diagonosed with OA and possible fibromayagia. I am 61 and in pain for many years. I just went to the doctor and he gave me new blood tests. No RA but this recent flareup has me to crying uncle. I can barely walk, stiff and woke up with the cramping of my calf and separatioon of toes. Yikes! hurts like heck. Usually my pain is not so widespread. I have a knee degeneration and sciatica type pain on my right top butock to knee and frozen hips. Now my pain is all over. My doctor wants me to take Celebrex but I'm scared. I took xrays again and he says he will look at them and see if I am better or worse than last year. I am depressed about this. I need to work and without this flareup I was doing ok, except for the right side. Now wrist, neck, as well as the usual suspects. Please help me if you can thank you
_swank_ responded:
Your doctor is trying to help you. Why are you afraid of Celebrex? Take it and see if it works. There is no cure for arthritis. You have to do what works. That might mean medication or it might be experimenting with other things. The one thing you must do is keep moving. Get on a bike, go for a swim in warm water, whatever. One thing that won't work is doing nothing.

Helpful Tips

I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.