Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OA Lessons
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What have you learned about yourself since OA settled in to stay in your life?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

georgia888 responded:
That I like my old self better than the updated version !

On a more serious note, Caprice, I've learned:
- It's going to take a lot more than chronic pain to stop me from enjoying life.
- I never took anything for granted but I've learned even more to appreciate every waking moment.
- I'm even tougher than I thought.
- All the years of good care, good diet, good exercise really didn't trump the old genes.

Take care,
georgia

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to georgia888's response:
I dunno, Georgia.... Georgia 2.0 is pretty great too!

Great lessons you've learned, though I'm sorry for that last one especially.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Thedude9 responded:
I've only been diagnosed for 2 years now, and I've had pain since I was 16. After 23 years of worsening pain, I've learned to laugh more. I've learned how absolutley awsome family and friends can be. I've learned since I use a cane, how nice strangers can be. I've learned many different ways how to get my housework and errands done anyway!
I've learned all the things Georgia888 learned!

I've learned how to ask for help. That was the hardest lesson for a very independant self sufficent 39 year old. I am stronger and more confidant than I was even 5 years ago.

Thanks
Mo

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Thedude9's response:
Hi Mo and welcome here,

What wonderful things you've learned and shared here! It really is all about perspective, isn't it?

alleiebee responded:
The biggest thing that I have learned is to relax. I am learning to listen to my body and rest when I need to. I have never been one to "waste" the day. I always find something to do, until pain took over and I had to do things a little bit at a time. Life goes on if the dishes are in the sink instead of the dishwasher. It does not hurt to sit down and watch tv especially when the heating pad is involved.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to alleiebee's response:
Good for you for listening to your body and taking steps to take care of yourself, Alleiebee.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.