Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Have you more than one Autoimmune disease?
Beasley111 posted:
Hi I am new to the community. I have had Lupus and some other forms of autoimmune diseases for years. This March I had a sever Lupus attack that gave me OA in my hands. It is pretty severe. It is the first time that I saw the lupus attack and cause damage and another disease to the mix. I am having difficulty dealing with one more problem. Though I should be used to such things happening. My hands look so different and it came on so fast. Has anyone with Lupus had this had this happen to them or with OA?
Thanks for listening to my typing. Cheryl111

Take the Poll

Have you experienced fast onset of OA?
Have you another autoimmune disease?
  • What is your experience
  • more that one auto immune disease
vote
View Poll Results

anita532 responded:
Ah! - the joys of auto immune diseases. YES, if you have one auto immune disease chances are very high that you will go on to have more types of auto immune diseases. I don't think anyone has done any studies to see if certain countries get more auto immune disease than other countries. Considering the doctors have all these fancy meetings that are a gathering of doctors from all over the world I am wondering why a study of this kind has not been done. Would be very cheap to do so. Then they could possibly put forward what the differences are in diets, industries, etc. Example is China, the country that puts LEAD into almost everything they use. Wonder what percentage of auto immune diseases they get?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.