Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Alternative Solutions
Jam0907 posted:
My daughter was diagnosed with psoraic arthriti when she was three. She could barely walk. But after taking methotrexate injections, she went into remission three years later. Unfortunately she recently came out of remission. She is back on methotrexate, but it is not working. I would like to try a special diet, vitamins or ny alternative therapy before having to put her on the biologicals. She is only 7 now. He poor little body has already been through so much. Does anyone know of any alternative treatments that might work? Her doctors won't consider it.

darlyn05 responded:
Get a second opinion from a different Dr., clinic, or hospital. Search the net under her diagnosis term and read read read. Many sites have links to other sites or information. Try going to FightArthritisPain.org.

I'm so sad and sorry to hear of her condition. I wouldn't give up until I had exhausted all and any resources.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
Unfortunately, in my adult patients; some will not re capture the benefit of a medication once they stop it and resume when disease activity recurs. I don't have experience with patients in your daughter's age group so I am sorry to not be able to offer suggestions. I hope she feels better.

anita532 responded:
There is one alternative therapy that almost all posts have failed to remember. That is: Soak in the tub with EPSOM SALTS, every day if need be. It does help a little bit. Just a handful of salts is all that is needed.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.