Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

6 Week post op bilateral half knee replacement
    westielad posted:
    I am a 47yr old female. I had half knee bilateral replacements on both my legs 6weeks ago.
    I will admit the first 3 weeks where the hardest keeping still and letting other people take over the household was difficult more than the pain.
    It is very important to do your exercises its the only way to keep them flexible.
    Today I went for a wander round town never thought I would manage that so soon post op but......don't get me wrong the pain is constant but not as sharp as it has been sleeping is still difficult but a pillow between the knees helps.
    Scars are healing nicely just keep putting cream on them to keep them supple my wound had staples not stitches which was very uncomfortable.
    Don't let it get in your head, depression and self pity is oh so easy to slip into swimming and hydrothearpy been brilliant at lifting my spirits,but I will get there.P M A positive mental attitude.

Take the Poll

post op 6weeks bilateral knee replacements both legs.
    • pain easier sleep still difficult
    • plenty of moisture cream on scars to keep supple
    vote
    View Poll Results

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    It's great to hear how it's going for you, Westielad.
    We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.