Skip to content
Ankle replacement thought and info.
Dawgs08 posted:
I have had my left ankle fused twice. The pain is still horrible. I have constant pain in the joint and my left hip and my back from this. my doctor is said to be one of the best in the business. He wants to replace the ankle joint but say because I'm only 45 years old that the only available ankle in the U.S. Would last a man of my age about 5 years, the ankle that the U.S. Has would be a permanent joint for a senior adult. He was telling me that there is an ankle in another country that I think he said is titanium and that the FDA hasn't approved it here yet. He said it would last me forever. Due to the injury and the changing of my gait I'm going to have to have my right hp replaced as well. Does anyone know the updates on this ankle? When the FDA will approve it and which country it is currently in. I'm tired of the constant pain and the pain pils. Thanks and God bless!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.