Skip to content
Knee and hip
An_246504 posted:
I went to an orthopedist about 2 months ago. He took x-rays and told me that I have bone on bone in my left knee. He said I woud need knee replacement but also offered injections in the meantime. SInce the pain was not terrible at the time, I told him I would wait and see how it goes.
Now I have been in pain for 6 days and walking is real tough. I see the oorthopedist in 3 days. I also heard about hyalgan injectons but am not familiar with them. Has anyone had any experience with them? Knee surgery petrifies me because I have a real hard time coming out of anesthesia. Can knee surgery be done with a spinal? Also for the past two days my left hip is hurting. This is the same side as the knee. Could the knee problems be causing the hip problem? Also does anyone know if the gel injections work for someone who has bone on bone

_swank_ responded:
The injections were worthless for me long before I had bone on bone. The worse your knee is, the worse your chances of having it work. However, you won't know the answer to that unless you try. My doctor won't even consider them if there's bone on bone.

You can have a knee replacement with a spinal but I wouldn't recommend it and most doctors won't do it that way anyway. So what if it takes you a long time to come out of anesthesia? You won't be going anywhere.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.