Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Hip Bursectomy
    hipbursatroubles posted:
    How do I go about finding a good doctor who performs Hip bursectomies? I am so frustrated that the shots in the hips do nothing and I have this constant pain!
    _swank_ responded:
    Most orthopedic surgeons can do a bursectomy, you just need to make an appointment.
    Footprints66 responded:
    Hi, I just had a hip bursectomy ... After having a hip replacement in 2010 After a year of the THR, I've always had a lump on the side of the THR It never went away , it had been there since the surgery .. Any way Long story short .. I started suffering very serious pain in the operated leg , didn't know why it hurt so bad , my job was to stand all day It isn't a sitting down job.. Standing for 8-10 hrs. At work the pain was so bad sever groin pain pain going down the leg to the knee and in the lump.. Saw plenty of Drs. to mk sure it wasn't the prosthetic , it wasnt That was fine and in tact. I finally went to The Hospital Of Special Surgery. Saw Dr. Amar Ramawat and said it was my bursa sac that was Causing the pain. Again long story short, had surgery on July 26th 2013. Was the best thing I ever did. This Dr. Was amazing. You should def check out the HSS in N.Y Good Luck

    Helpful Tips

    what should i do
    sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.