Skip to content
Hip Bursectomy
hipbursatroubles posted:
How do I go about finding a good doctor who performs Hip bursectomies? I am so frustrated that the shots in the hips do nothing and I have this constant pain!

_swank_ responded:
Most orthopedic surgeons can do a bursectomy, you just need to make an appointment.

Footprints66 responded:
Hi, I just had a hip bursectomy ... After having a hip replacement in 2010 After a year of the THR, I've always had a lump on the side of the THR It never went away , it had been there since the surgery .. Any way Long story short .. I started suffering very serious pain in the operated leg , didn't know why it hurt so bad , my job was to stand all day It isn't a sitting down job.. Standing for 8-10 hrs. At work the pain was so bad sever groin pain pain going down the leg to the knee and in the lump.. Saw plenty of Drs. to mk sure it wasn't the prosthetic , it wasnt That was fine and in tact. I finally went to The Hospital Of Special Surgery. Saw Dr. Amar Ramawat and said it was my bursa sac that was Causing the pain. Again long story short, had surgery on July 26th 2013. Was the best thing I ever did. This Dr. Was amazing. You should def check out the HSS in N.Y Good Luck

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.