Skip to content
I have a question for you all?
Anon_81997 posted:
My Dr. says that I have 2 different kinds of arthritis RA & OA.
She also said she thinks I have (bursitis in in just my neck).
Is it possible to have more than one type? I also have other things going on high blood pressure,Congestive heart failure ,Cardiomyopathy,Type 2 diabeties. All are chronic illnesses.
But none are linked together except the heart and high bp stuff.
I am told with all that is wrong I still can not draw SSI. MY question is is there anybody else out there going through the same thing, and if so do you still work?Or if you get SSI ect what is it that I am doing wrong? I've been turned down 2 times now.My knees are hurting me and I am having trouble doing my job. I am waitting to start Orencia,
I have had the cortistorid shot it's wore off an I am again working in pain.But I hav eto have income like everyone else. I feel so confused and trapped in a endless cycle. GET TOLD NO , HAVE TO KEEP GOING EVEN THOUGH MOST DAYS IT'S PAINFUL.What should I be doing now?

_swank_ responded:
Having a whole list of problems is not reason enough to get SSI. Things like high blood pressure and diabetes should not be disabling. Same with arthritis. Millions of people have those conditions and still work. What are you doing to manage your chronic conditions? Are you seeing a pain management doctor for your pain? And a rheumatologist for your RA?. Have you looked into having knee replacements? The people I know that are truly disabled have one thing wrong that prevents them from working, they don't need a whole list.

In general, to get SSI you need to get a lawyer. Everyone gets turned down the first couple of times they try. It's not easy to get and it shouldn't be in my opinion.

anita532 responded:
Do not expect the cortisone injection to last forever. They usually have to be repeated every 4 months. The amount of inflammation was probably so great that it will take a FEW injections before you actually feel the relief. And then you will still need to have the "upkeep" injections every 4 months.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.