Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
26 Years Old But Am To Young For Narcotics?
MarfansLupus posted:
ok i have a huge list of documented problems. my mainframe diseases are Marfans Syndrome & Lupus. I have disk degen disease in my lower back. Am a female with alot of feminem problems. I have seen PM Doc after PM Doc. Have been scheduled for a Hysterectomy for 6 months now. have been wanting this surgery since I was 15 y/o. I am on SSD been disabled since birth. Have insurance through social security. I am doing there shots they give me in the back they make my life way worse. I am just about bed riddin at the age of 26. My life is laying on the couch just trying to find that one place i can be thats makes me comftorable. I have just about ran everyone in my life out. Because all I do is b* and moan n bicker bout how horrible I feel. I was 230lbs and in less then 8 months i lost over 100+lbs am now 5ft 11in 123lbs. I look deathly ill. My PCP had me on Tramadol 50mgs x 2 a day and 2 Percocet 5/325mgs a day and now that ohio has been wrote off as a prescription od state I must not go through PM to get Narcotics and treatment. So I have been trying to find one there all discriminating against me. The guy I am seeing now who actually agreed to help me is now putting me on Lyrica + Neurontin 900mgs a day + Symbalta + Methocarbamacol 500mgs x 2 a day + Meloxicam 15mgs x 1 a day. He told me that I am to young for Narcotics and that its no life for someone to live and that this is all in my head and just need that assessed and wants to give me shots again in my back.

MarfansLupus responded:
ok it quit letting me type. I have spinal stenosis lordosis, reverse s shaped scoliosis. Disk degen disease with one herniating and arthtritis in my lower back. one also has a annual tear. I have what sounds like bones crushing in my shoulders when I move them or reach my arms out. I went to the ER the other night sweating had a metal taste in my mouth hadnt slept in 3 days my body so uncomftorable and this was a week after starting my new medications from this PM doc and last night I was having the same problem all though I took my vitals on a bp cuff they were 173/93/97 I didnt go to the hospital again because it was the same issue I had when I went the first time they just wrote me off as a opiod addict and that I was having withdraws. even though I still had my percocet which was the last of which my PCP hsd given me

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi MarfansLupus and welcome to WebMD,

I encourage you to repost your messages on our Pain Management Community ; they may have some thoughts for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.