Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Regrowing Bursa Sacks?
    cpasista posted:
    I am 61 yrs and female. I have two total hip replacements & the bursa sacks were removed. Two yrs after the 2nd surgery I now have pain in both hips. One doctor tells me the prosthesis are foreign to my body and the muscles around them are inflamed due to them. My surgen tells me, bursa sacks may grow back thus causing pain. Has anyone ever heard of this?
    Scott Zashin, MD responded:
    I have seen some of my patients develop pain in the trochanteric (hip) bursa after hip replacement.
    zykan replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
    I have had trochanteric bursitis for almost 2 years, after a fall on my right hip. Have tried everything...had MRI, cortisone shots, physical no avail. Have read that some people with this have had terrific relief after having the bursa "removed." When I asked my internist about this, he was ADAMANT that I not do this...said it was the worst thing he had ever heard! Do you have a reply to this....or has anyone else tried this surgery lately and had good results. Have not asked an orthopedic doctor about this surgery yet....thank you so much

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.