Includes Expert Content
Psoriatic Arthritis
KimLeF posted:
Hello...I am new to the forum as I was diagnosed with PA last week. I am awaiting blood work to come back before I start any treatments.

Presently am on anti-inflammatory and tar for feet and hands. A few bumps appeared on my right thumb in February 2012 and progressed rapidly, but I feel it has been diagnosed early so I am anxious to get started on the treatments. Since I don't know what kind of PA I have yet and all the other unknowns, I have no questions as yet. I just wanted to join the forum for support. I am 48 and have always been very active, scuba diving, mountain biking, etc. Now I don't feel like doing anything. I ache all over and feel like I have the flu. I understand the meds for my joints will clear up the psoriasis on my hands and feet as well. Can't wait! Any comments are welcome.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
Welcome! Hopefully your treatment will help you with your skin and pain and get you back to the things you enjoy.

An_247854 replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
Thank you. I had my first injection last Tuesday of Methotrexate. It will take time, but I can see improvement already in skin. Slight as it is.

I am taking Folic Acid also in case their is any hair loss.