Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Psoriatic Arthritis
KimLeF posted:
Hello...I am new to the forum as I was diagnosed with PA last week. I am awaiting blood work to come back before I start any treatments.

Presently am on anti-inflammatory and tar for feet and hands. A few bumps appeared on my right thumb in February 2012 and progressed rapidly, but I feel it has been diagnosed early so I am anxious to get started on the treatments. Since I don't know what kind of PA I have yet and all the other unknowns, I have no questions as yet. I just wanted to join the forum for support. I am 48 and have always been very active, scuba diving, mountain biking, etc. Now I don't feel like doing anything. I ache all over and feel like I have the flu. I understand the meds for my joints will clear up the psoriasis on my hands and feet as well. Can't wait! Any comments are welcome.

Scott Zashin, MD responded:
Welcome! Hopefully your treatment will help you with your skin and pain and get you back to the things you enjoy.

An_247854 replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
Thank you. I had my first injection last Tuesday of Methotrexate. It will take time, but I can see improvement already in skin. Slight as it is.

I am taking Folic Acid also in case their is any hair loss.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.