Skip to content
A Good Day
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What does a 'good day' look like to you? Has how that would be described changed since OA came into your life?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Harmony1623 responded:
Hello Caprice, I am new here and look forward to sharing. A good day for me is one where I have started the day by embracing and accepting the changes that have came with having Osteo Arthritis. I use relaxation techniques that include meditation, sound therapy and visualization, which have helped a great deal with pain/emotional management and take me to a place of inner peace and acceptance. For a very long time I wrestled with varying emotions and have finally learned to embraced these emotions and the life changes that come with having OA. I have found this to be a part of the emotionally healing journey of hope and acceptance with having this condition. I wanted to share some of my experiences and thoughts in hopes that it might encourage others.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Harmony1623's response:
Hi Harmony and welcome here!

Thank you for jumping in on this and other discussions and sharing your perspective. It sounds like you have found an approach which really works for you and I hope it helps others here too.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

cherub08 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I haven't found that just laying down in a quite place and praying very hard helps so much. Just release my body helps so

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to cherub08's response:
It sounds like you've found a way to ease things for yourself, Cherub.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.