Skip to content
Bad Drug?
baeley posted:
Hello, I was injected in my left knee in march of this yr with the same drug that was recalled because of the meningitis outbreak. I was also injected in my back in july of this yr with the tainted drug but am not showing any signs of any illness.What i would like to know is that the gov is saying that anybody that received the shot after may 16th should beware. When i received my steroid shot in my knee in march,5 days later my knee swelled up so much that in 2 visits to my doctors he removed 240 cc of yellow fluid,it was tested and there was no infection,but an inflammatory problem . I have since received a total knee replacement. What i am asking is there any way that the bottle of steroid used in march,could also be a bad bottle also. Any feedback from you,might help me get a better nights sleep,considering the circumstances. Thank You.....

Take the Poll

could i have been infected in march of this yr
  • answer,from web md
  • answer,from anybody with a possible answer
  • answer,from another doctor
vote
View Poll Results

sharim responded:
You would already have had symptoms of meningitis. This is a very severe disease with symptoms you cannot treat, very, very severe headaches with high fever. It is a swelling due to, in this case, infection of the covering of the brain. I don't think it's a "sleeper", it strikes pretty fast if you have contracted it. Talk to your doctor about it, but since March, you should be in the clear.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.