Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Listing to the right--
rosemarym posted:
Over the past 5 years, I've had a rt hip replacement as well as joint replacements & pins in both feet. Left Achilles tendon was altered resulting in diminished calf muscle. Last year, was diagnosed with post-tibular tendonitis(sp)? (flat feet) and disc problems and having severe balance problems not corrected completely with orthotics. Without a whole lot of x-rays and studies, it appears that I need an alignment. There's a fist size dent in my right hip area where muscle was removed to get to the bone area and my left calf is half the size of my rt one. Any suggestions on how to get some structural balance back and where to start?
Scott Zashin, MD responded:
I often refer patients to physical medicine doctors. They are physicians who have special expertise in rehabilitation.
rosemarym replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
anyone you can recommend in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rosemarym's response:
Hi Rosemarym,

I'm responding to let you know that specific doctor recommendations cannot be made on our boards. I hope you find what you're looking for, now that you know what to look for.

Let us know how it goes for you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

Arthritis pain relief for feet
A bottle of Castor oil costs around $3.00 and lasts for months. Simply rub and massage the oil into the affected areas at bedtime, then ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 89 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.