Skip to content
Outragous Pain
BForr posted:

I am 15 years post ACL repair. I tore my ACL and fractured my knee in three places while in the Marine Corps. The surgeon at Bethesda Naval Hospital did a great job repairing the ACL. However 15 years later I deal with constant pain, swelling, my knee buckles and gives out on me. I am a current patient with the VA, I went to the doctor there with the symptoms, he ordered x-rays, MRI and did a complete (so he says) exam on my knee only to say there is nothing wrong. What should I do now? I can not deal with the pain much longer. On a pain scale of 1-10 it is a constant 7 or 8 and shoots to a 10 plus at least 5 times a day.
_swank_ responded:
See another doctor if you can. I know it's hard if you're going to the VA but you don't have that much pain and have nothing wrong. Gather all your records, x-rays and MRIs and take them somewhere else.

Thanks for your service to our country.
BForr replied to _swank_'s response:
Swank, I would go see another doctor, but I have no insurance and I can not afford the bill. I have been fighting with the VA for well over 2 years about this. I understand that there are service members coming home with far worse injuries then I have, missing limb etc, but it is ridiculous when 2 other Orthopedic doctors say yes there is a problem and you need surgery and send me to the surgical specialist and he say " there is nothing wrong. It is all in your head, you need to see Psych doctor to get past it." I about cleaned his clock when he told me that. Then they sent me over to get fitted for a special knee brace and the guy there says he can't do anything and gives me a brace that doesn't fit right and causes more pain. I deal with the pain everyday and my family suffers right along with me since I can not get involved in some of the things we like to do.

Helpful Tips

I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.