Skip to content
not believed
Cosmos posted:
What do you do when you are not believed? I have been to at least 7 primary doctors over the years and have been suffering in constant pain since childhood. At the age of 47, and pain in my whole body I am ready to give up. I'm sure my VA doctor means well, it is just that you cannot measure how much pain someone is in. I tell him that I cannot function in this pain. He gives me pain pills and tells me to get a job. After trying for 6 months to find something I can do while sitting without typing, I am thinking that I need to be with God instead. I am a burden to my family and they can't understand me either. I don't blame anyone, I don't hate anyone, I just want the pain to end. God has plenty of work for me to do in a new pain free body. I am ready when He is.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Cosmos,

Have you been able to pursue seeing a rheumatologist? It's hard to know how to treat until a proper diagnosis is found.

Your family needs you to continue to fight to be in this world and get the answers you need and deserve.

Let us know how you're doing.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.