Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    not believed
    Cosmos posted:
    What do you do when you are not believed? I have been to at least 7 primary doctors over the years and have been suffering in constant pain since childhood. At the age of 47, and pain in my whole body I am ready to give up. I'm sure my VA doctor means well, it is just that you cannot measure how much pain someone is in. I tell him that I cannot function in this pain. He gives me pain pills and tells me to get a job. After trying for 6 months to find something I can do while sitting without typing, I am thinking that I need to be with God instead. I am a burden to my family and they can't understand me either. I don't blame anyone, I don't hate anyone, I just want the pain to end. God has plenty of work for me to do in a new pain free body. I am ready when He is.
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Cosmos,

    Have you been able to pursue seeing a rheumatologist? It's hard to know how to treat until a proper diagnosis is found.

    Your family needs you to continue to fight to be in this world and get the answers you need and deserve.

    Let us know how you're doing.
    We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.