Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back / Hip Pain
klav99 posted:
I was hoping someone could help! I am a 35 Year Old Female. For about 2 and a half years now, I have been having pain in my lower back and hio. My ortho sent me for an MRI and he said I had Spondylolisthesis. He treated it with Physical Therapy (which didn't work) and with Pain meds. He retired about a year and a half ago and I can't find someone who will treat me because its a "Chronic Condition. I was finally sent to a pain clinic. The Dr there wants me to have Facet injections and I am so afraid to try that. I have had some cortisone injections that have done nothing. I went back to my Family Practitioner who said it sounds like I could also have a touch of arthritis in my back and hips so she set up an appt for me to see a rhrumatologist. Anyone experience anything like this? It no that I want pain meds but that seems like the only thing that helped. I am in so much pain! When I did have the pain meds I would only take 1/2 a pill at a time instead of a whole one that was prescribed. I haven't asked any Dr for them because they make you feel like your a drug addict! lol Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kristen

georgia888 responded:
Hello Kristen,
It's unfortunate you are suffering with this at your young age. Acceptance of our condition(s) is so important in maintaining a good attitude, which in turn helps us in managing our health.

I have found that exercising (aerobics, swimming, water walking, etc.) in warm water to be very helpful for my ailing back. It helps with flexibility and range of motion. The buoyancy of the water is easy on our joints & I have yet to meet a doctor or therapist who hasn't highly recommended water therapy.

Of course, before starting any exercise program check with your doctor first.

I hope this is a feasible plan for you because it has proven to help many at the pool where I am a member.

Please keep us posted on your condition. These medical web communities are another great form of therapy.

Warm regards,
georgia

henry88 responded:
Sometimes if we don't want also we have to take this strong medicines. Even if the medicines have side effects they are good for pain relieving for arthritis

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.