Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bad hands
An_249672 posted:
Hi, brand new to this site hope to find some insight as to how to help myself get better. Dr. says I have osteoarthritis in my hands he's probably right hands swollen,red,burning stiff in the am. can't close them at night or in the am having trouble opening locks, jars,tying shoes . I also have a big toe joint that is swollen and sore my shoulders are sore even my bra straps hurt but one good things my knees are not effected. I do have a question on a different matter the back side of my legs, thighs to calves are on fire!! usually at night Dr. says it's from standing all day at work I doubt that because I've been standing for 30 years.Does anyone have this going on? I think it could be a nerve issue or possible vein related. I've been on Mobic,Ultram, and Aleve. have another app. on Jan 17th thinking of asking to go to Uof M for a second opinion.

henry88 responded:
I haven't experienced though have made a search for that and found that it may be due to some injury you might be experiencing the burning sensation and also as you say have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis that may be also must be one of the reason.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.