Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bilateral knee replacement
love2walk posted:
I just had both knees replaced. My right knee was replaced on 11/30/12 and my left knee 18 days later on 12/18/12. I was bone on bone on both knees and the arthritis was so severe the pain was unbearable. I would want to crawl out of work to my car at the end of each day fall in my recliner when I got home and fall asleep. Nights were awful. I am now on week 4 with my left and week 7 with my right. I am thankful in that my surgeon used the min. invasive technique in that he did not cut into the muscles. I am currently uses a cane or crutches to move around, especially outside. I won't say that I am not uncomfortable. My legs are stiff especially if I stay in one position for any length of time. I had home physical therapy when I came home for two weeks. I also had the machine that bends your knee for two weeks on each knee. I am going though out patient physical therapy for 6 weeks and am hoping to return to work at the end of Feb. I am glad I had them done together and am going through therapy on both together. Yes it is hard. Things you need are the walker, the raised toliet seat, bath tub chair. Other than that a caring partner to help you put your socks and shoes on and to help with other things you find that you can't do on your own right away. I am looking forward to having my mobility back and to being pain free!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.