Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

TRIGGER THUMB SURGERY POST OP RECOMMENDATIONS
    djbarona posted:
    I had trigger thumb surgery about 15 days ago. The procedure went well and relatively painless. I have however developed hardening of the tissue around the incision site and although I have consulted my physician it seems to be the same. Wait until it will pass one more week. I wanted to ask anyone who might have some insight and has gone thru this before. Should I be placing Vitamin E on the wound site ? There is also something called Scar Away which is silicone based. That is supposed to work very well . I am just wondering what is the best way to deal with this. A friend who is a nurse told me that if it got bad I could ask the doctor to give me a steroidal injection to stave off the scar build up . I have also read some horror stories where one has to have surgery again to remove the scar tissue ? How much time should I wait before I start freaking out. ?

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.