Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Right Knee problems
    nelsjr posted:
    I have had severe issues with my knee since 2008. I had surgery on it in 2008 and again 2012. After the surgery in 2008, I have had several shots in my knee since 2008. Also since Jan 2012- I have had a shot in my knee, had physical therapy before my surgery. Also had physical therapy twice since my surgery and also shots in my knee since the surgery.

    My doctor does not seem to want to anything for me. I feel it is time for a knee replacement, but they say no since I am only 43 yrs old. I would like it done, as I am in constant pain and I am unable to do anything.

    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?
    _swank_ responded:
    You should see another doctor that is willing to help you. There is new technology in joint replacements and some are supposed to last 30 years, Not all doctors believe you have to wait until some magic age to have a replacement. It's a quality of life issue.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.