Skip to content
Right Knee problems
nelsjr posted:
I have had severe issues with my knee since 2008. I had surgery on it in 2008 and again 2012. After the surgery in 2008, I have had several shots in my knee since 2008. Also since Jan 2012- I have had a shot in my knee, had physical therapy before my surgery. Also had physical therapy twice since my surgery and also shots in my knee since the surgery.

My doctor does not seem to want to anything for me. I feel it is time for a knee replacement, but they say no since I am only 43 yrs old. I would like it done, as I am in constant pain and I am unable to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

_swank_ responded:
You should see another doctor that is willing to help you. There is new technology in joint replacements and some are supposed to last 30 years, Not all doctors believe you have to wait until some magic age to have a replacement. It's a quality of life issue.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.