Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Five Years after bilateral knee replacement.
runwell posted:
Other than the first two week after surgery my bilateral replacement has bbeen great. No discomfort and no problems. Yesterday I experienced and continue to experience a very weird situation. What hhas been a completely problem free ongoing recovery took a turn for the worse. All of a sudden and out of the blue both of my knees began to be very stiff and achy. It is difficult to walk and reminds me of before or just after the surgey when any mobility of very difficult. I had not been doing anything that would logically result in stiffness or an achy feeling. The fact that it happened to both knees at exactly the same time and is continuing to cause me major problems with mobility has me confused. I am diabetic but I don't have any idea if that can be a complicating factor and cause the significant discomfort that I am having when I walk. If I sit and do not move there is no discomfort. It's almost like it is arthritis. Even at night it is quite painful to rollover or change position. I would appreciate any clues as to what is going on with me. I take no medication for this condition and haven't since about a month into the post surgery. Even then it was nsaids.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.