Skip to content
want to leap over tall buildings again in one single bound
CIA4U posted:
I am 60 y/o F in great health. 15 years of knee pain and slow walking though. Probably from 2 severe accidents 13& 16 yrs ago I have osteoarthritis in both knees, with equal pain issues. I do stairs like a 2 year old learning for the lst time for 10 plus years. This Arthritis is definitely genetic as well.
I see my Orthopedic in one week from today (May 6th) and want to approach him for Bilateral Operation. I live in a remote area 2 hours from the city where surgery would be done. IF he does not have a co-surgeon to do the 2nd knee simultaneously; has anyone out there ever had one Dr. do one and then the other under the same anesthetic????
We have a rehab center there as well and I am disciplined enough to follow through with all expected exercises for rehab. My husband will nurse me and help me fill in the missing links at home. Am retired so no need to rush back to work.
Comments please as to how to approach my Dr. and convince him to do both at once.
What do you think?
CIA4U

Take the Poll

To do unilateral....want support for my decision...
  • unilateral support...do it or not to do it
  • consider Dr.s advice
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.