Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
Hand osteoarthritis
janetph posted:
I noticed what looked like a blister on my thumb just below the thumbnail. My doctor told me it's arthritis. I've now noticed several more bumps on my other fingers on both hands. I'm only 53. I've had my knees replaced and revised 5x. Is there anything I can do to slow down the progression of this on my hands? I tested negatively for rheumatoid arthrisits. Thanks
Scott Zashin, MD responded:
If you have osteoarthritis of the hands,it is often found in family members. Unfortunately, there are no studies that show any treatments that prevent these nodules from forming. In the knees, there is some data that a brand of glucosamine sulfate, DONA, may slow down progression and help with symptoms.
janetph replied to Scott Zashin, MD's response:
Thanks for the info. I tried glucosamine sulfate years ago for my knees but it didn't make a difference. I'll look for DONA.
Anon_136697 replied to janetph's response:
Even my dad took glucosamine for years it didnt workout well, and he refused to undergo TKR, thats when we came across SBF healthcare and their new technology called SPMF, the treatment was non-invasive and painless, now my dad is symptom free and the post treatment shows cartilage regeneration.
janetph replied to Anon_136697's response:
Thanks for this information! Very interesting.
agarre8 replied to Anon_136697's response:
could one use this treatment on your hands. My hands are so crippled from osteoarthritis.
Neel07 replied to agarre8's response:
It can be used on hands too, please check the website
Neel07 replied to agarre8's response:
SPMF therapy can be used on hands. Pl visit the website for more info

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.