Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Baker's cyst with two lobes
singingbear posted:
I have OA in my knees as well as RA. I have had knee pain for the last 3 years and have had a lot of pain in my calves. After telling my Rheumatologist this for over a year the pain and swelling in my calves finally got bad enough that I went to an urgent care clinic. They had me schedule and ultrasound to rule out a DVT and came back with a diagnosis of a Baker's cyst. I just came from my Rheumatologist where they reviewed the ultrasound pictures. They said I had a two lobed baker's cyst. One lobe is 6cm x 1.5. The other is 9cm. Everything I find on the net says that most baker's cyst average around 3 cm or smaller. I can not find anything on multiple lobes. I have an appointment with an orthopedist in a couple of weeks to discuss if surgical removal is needed or what. Is this really so rare that there are no post on the net.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.