Skip to content
Wrist/Forearm Pain, Feels like it's in veins
An_252882 posted:
Hi,

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I have on and off pain in my left wrist and forearm. It feels like the pain is in my veins and it just throbs. It hurts right in the center of my wrist and forearm, pretty much where my veins are. My hand and arm can still function normally, it just hurts even when I'm not moving it. I tried researching it but I could not find anything similar.

I'm not sure if it could be that I may not be getting enough sleep, having more sugar than usual, or caffeine. I find that the pain usually occurs when one of all of these things are done.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

XtinaH responded:
How are you? Does it still hurt? Was it seen by a doctor? I'm a little curious why it caused you pain only when you are not moving it... If you haven't seen a doctor then I strongly suggest to go and schedule an appointment as soon as you can. There could be a blood clot, which can interfere the flow of your blood in your hands. Update us when you can.
Click on my profile or username to know more about me and how I beat Osteoarthritis. If you have great tips on how I can keep my body healthier, particularly my joints, please send me a message.Thanks

SteveJacobs responded:
Hi,
From what you've mentioned I figure that you are not in severe trauma since you can function normally. It is possible that you slept on it if you have not engaged in any strenuous activity. But since you've mentioned that that it hurts right in the center of the wrist, there is a posiibility that it is a symptom of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. If it is so, your pain needs to be associated with numbness and tingling of the fingers and pain worst at night. If you have these symtoms, I think you should see a doctor.
A rule of thumb is to visit your doctor whenever you suffer with any pain that distract your sleep. However, you can try to rest & resist activity and see how it goes and if symptoms persist, please visit your doctor. At an event your condition turns out to be tendonitis or a sprain, the best treatment I can reccommend is regenerative treatment. However, it is important to find a trustworthy clinic who facilitate this type of treatments as there are numorous clinics out there. Seems like XtinaH has got treated from a good doctor as his treatments have given relief for her condition.
Anyway first find out what is causing your pains and find the most appropriate treatment for it. Take Care!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.