Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Help! I think I hv OA
    subtleNae posted:
    I'm worried that I may hv OA onmy whole left side. anybody heard of just hv OA on one side? I think I'm too young. I'm 31
    granbaker responded:
    Dear Nae, I am 74 and have developed OA in the last year. I just have it on my right side. I had a procedure done on my left back about 4 months ago. The Doctor used an x ray to monitor where the OA was in my back. He made 21 shots to kill the nerves that led to the OA. It worked. The problem is that nerves regenerate and I will have to repeat the procedure in about a year. Now I am having trouble with my right hip and thigh.

    I think you need to get a diagnosis from a Doctor. It may be something else that needs to be fixed. Let me know how it comes out.
    subtleNae replied to granbaker's response:
    Thank you for sharing. I will keep you updated.
    davedsel responded:

    You definitely need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.

    I have severe osteoarthritis in my entire body, especially my spine. I started with symptoms in my late teens. Unfortunately, the disease is no respecter of age, gender or anything else.

    I pray you find answers and relief soon.
    Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.


    XtinaH responded:
    Have you gone to a doctor? OA knows no age. It can develop to anyone for different reasons. I suggest you go to a specialist as early as possible before it damage your joints.
    Click on my profile or username to know more about me and how I beat Osteoarthritis. If you have great tips on how I can keep my body healthier, particularly my joints, please send me a message.Thanks
    SteveJacobs responded:
    I wonder what made you come to a conclusion of being affected by OA. Usually OA symptoms usually include pain, stiffness and swelling in and around the joints, typically in the neck, spine,
    hips, hands, knees and ankles and the best treatment for these joint pains are regenerative medication which provide effective results as damaged tissues and organs in the body are regenerated by replacing or by stimulating the body's own repair mechanisms.
    If the pain in your left side is associated with the joints, it can be related to an arthritis condition but you may have to get it diagnosed from your doctor before coming to conclusions as we cannot judge the disorder without a proper diagnosis.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.