Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
tingling feet from hip replacement
kurtschwarz21 posted:
just had a hip replacement why are my feet tingling

davedsel responded:
Hello.

Others who have had this surgery may come along and share their experience, but you do need to contact your surgeon asap with this question for the best answer.

I pray you get relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

XtinaH responded:
How are you doing now? I hope that everything's fine now. I agree with davedsel. Call your surgeon immediately and let him/her know what's happening to you and what you can do. Better to set up an appointment with your doctor again to have a thorough check up.

Please update us and it will be highly appreciated if you will share your doctor's findings and why it happened to you. I just had a stem cell treatment. I really hope that I will stay pain-free but I can't help but to think that I might encounter things like this. I'd like to know what caused the tingling. I am new to this community and I am hoping to get more tips, advices, and such. Thanks!
Click on my profile or username to know more about me and how I beat Osteoarthritis. If you have great tips on how I can keep my body healthier, particularly my joints, please send me a message.Thanks

SteveJacobs responded:
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your pain. A surgery that performs through an incision in the skin includes a risk of infection. Blood clotting could also occur and may become detached and travel to the circulation in the lungs. The most common side effect of hip replacement is nerve damage. Significant nerve damage can cause loss of muscle function after hip replacement. These damages can lead to a superficial numbness, 'foot drop" or the inability to raise the ankle or toe associated with tingling of the feet.
If you are noticing tenderness; redness and swelling of your calf; or swelling of your thigh, ankle, or foot could be warning signs of a possible blood clot. Warning signs of infection include fever, chills, tenderness and swelling, or drainage from the wound. You should call your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
However, full recovery from a hip surgery takes about 3 to 6 months. But going to a neurologist would confirm if your sensation is related to the nerves rather than going back to your surgeon as they will not take any responsibility of a complication of surgery. Usually regenerative medication is able to treat patients diagnosed with hip replacement but depends on the cause for your hip replacement surgery. I have heard that a clinic in Boca Ranton to be quite famous for this type of treatment and maybe you can try it out as well.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.