Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
confused need help
semed posted:

My dr just ran several blood test to check for RA, lupus, pretty much anything that could be causing a rise in arthritis/fibro pain. They all came back normal. My pain just doesn't want to go away. I'm so tired of hurting. Does anyone have any ideas that could help lessen pain or what may be the problem?

I am depressed (working on this,) I have RA in neck back hips and hands, and I have fibro, and overweight with diabetes type 2. I hurt everywhere above my knees.

I'm only 53 and I feel 153. I'm at a loss.View Thread [a class="view" id="link1" style="outline: none; color: rgb(0, 102, 153); float: right; margin-right: -10px;">

davedsel responded:
Hello.

I am sorry you are going through all this. I both fully understand and empathize.

Sometimes we get to the point in dealing with our health issues that we must just accept certain things as reality. I am 56 years old and feel and walk like I am at least 86. I have severe osteoarthritis, serious spinal problems and other health issues. My chronic pain level are at an average of '6' with many times going up to an '8' or '9'. I had to stop working 5 years ago and fortunately was approved for Social Security Disability in only two months. I hurt everywhere above and below my knees.

Keep doing your research. There are many websites that have good information about the conditions you list. There is both a WebMD Fibromayalgia Community here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/fibromyalgia-exchange and a WebMD Diabetes Community here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/diabetes-exchange

Keep a positive attitude. Focus on the positive parts of your life and be thankful for what you can still do and enjoy.

Keep moving. As must as it hurts, it is important to do some type of activity every day.

If you are experiencing serious depression, I would urge you to seek professional help from a mental health care provider. There are counselors who deal exclusively with chronic pain patients.

I pray you can find answers, relief and peace soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.