Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain in left lower back and left groin and pelvis worse when laying flat
luvpatch posted:
Hi! I'm new to the community and am excited to be a part of the group. I have osteoarthritis in my back, neck, fingers and recently diagnosed with it in my left knee. Years ago I had 2 fusions of my lower back and a fusion in my neck about 4 years ago. I have been having steroid injections in my knee every couple of months and have been told I will need a knee replacement at some point. I am now having lower back pain and left pelvic/groin pain which I feel intermittently during the day on a regular basis. I'm an Oncology Nurse and work 10 hour shifts and am on my feet nonstop. But at night I have the same pain laying flat in bed and I feel it all night long! I toss and turn and try to get comfortable all night. I initially when to my internal med doctor and I had a pelvic CT scan which was normal. I visited my GYN doctor thinking it was an ovary problem but everything is ok there. I now have a call in to my rheumatologist. Has anyone ever experienced pain in groin and had it be related to arthritis? Could it be related to my knee problem or a problem with the hip? I'm having a terrible time sleeping and I take ambien but the discomfort keeps waking me up. Any tips or suggestions? I'm so upset about this new problem that I now have. Thanks!

davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome.

I have been managing moderate to severe chronic pain for over 35 years. I understand.

Seeing your rheumatologist is your best move now, IMHO.

Keep doing your research, keep moving as much as possible, and keep a positive attitude.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.