Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shoulder frozen in time
axxiz posted:
Hello newbie here.

I too have been suffering from shoulder pain very severe.
I'm diabetic type 1- 6-7 yrs depression, anxiety, collesterol arthritis
finally got a perfect a1c when i told Dr about shoulder he said oh yea frozen shoulder stems from my diabeties and osteoarthritis. Dr. said to go see chiro been 4-5 times last 2 weeks still not getting less painfull. From my research this could last a long time about 2 yrs. What do i do?

davedsel responded:
Hello and welcome.

Here is the good information WebMD has about Frozen Shoulder: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/frozen-shoulder-directory

I have never had this particular conditions, but from what I've read it does take a long time for recovery. I am a strong proponent of chiropractic adjustments and benefit from a few each month. I think that may help you. You may consider seeing an orthopedic surgeon for further treatment options.

I pray you can find answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

-Dave

ManuelIV replied to davedsel's response:
Hello and Welcome.

I agree with Davedsel and a visit with an orthopedic surgeon would be wise and prudent so you'll know your options.

You want also to check different options. Here is a promising piece of news that is changing how orthopedic diseases are being treated. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-01/health/sc-health-0501-fitness-stem-cells-20130501_1_stem-cells-sports-injuries-injections

Best Wishes.

_swank_ responded:
Well, I have no idea what collesterol arthritis is but I, personally, would never go near a chiropractor. Especially for a frozen shoulder.These are usually treated with a combination of anti-inflammatories, cortisone injections and physical therapy. The therapy is probably the most effective. However, at the end of the day, the only cure for a frozen shoulder is time.

XtinaH responded:
How are you now? I never heard of collesterol arthritis but I had osteoarthritis few years ago. It was really painful and discomforting, reason why I almost considered having knee replacement surgery, however, I had regenerative medicine instead. Did your doctor confirm that it may take 2 years? I also suggest you go for thorough check up. Online articles and forums can surely help, but it is better to be seen and get advise from professionals. I hope you get better soon.
Click on my profile or username to know more about me and how I beat Osteoarthritis. If you have great tips on how I can keep my body healthier, particularly my joints, please send me a message.Thanks

Venessawalsh responded:
Hi, You seem to be suffering from multiple disorders! Have tried changing your diet? Diet and lifestyle changes can help your arthritis and lower your cholesterol as well. You can start by limiting your consumption of foods such as organ meats which contain processed meats, including hot dogs, bologna and sausage; whole milk and ice cream; fried foods; butter, shortening and lard.
Try to settle with soluble fiber which can be found in food such as oatmeal, apples, kidney beans, peaches, prunes, bananas and broccoli. These can reduce cholesterol absorption from the intestines. Go for omega-3 fatty acids found in fish that ease arthritis inflammation and can have a cholesterol-lowering effect as well. However, Losing 5 or 10 pounds often makes a difference — for arthritis and cholestrol.
I have also heard that stem cell therapy works effectively in orthopedic conditions particularly arthritis joint pains. One of my colleagues had treatment for his arthritis from a clinic in Boca Ranton and he seems to be doing well now. I guess this is an option that you can try out for your shoulder pains.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Walker use following knee replacement tip
I was a 73 year old male when I had double knee replacement surgery. I used a walker and a raised toilet seat following surgery. Both of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.