Skip to content
neck pain
alliz78 posted:
I'm a 54 yr old male with degenerative disc problems. A few years ago I was diagnosed with thyroid related problems and pituitary gland suppression. Since then, I have been in a lot of pain mostly from aggressive bone spurs in my neck and shoulder area (according to recent MRI results).

The thyroid issue was resolved but I'm still in severe pain.
I would like to know your opinion if the thyroid problem could be related to the disc problem. I was in some pain prior to the thyroid problem but nothing like the extreme pain I'm having now. My orthopedic doctor said he doesn't know and has suggested I see a neurosurgeon.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
davedsel responded:

I think seeing a neurosurgeon would be an excellent next step in the process.

As far as the thyroid problem and your neck issues being related, I do not know. Dr. Zashin, the assigned Expert for this community, may reply. I do know that the disc degeneration could have gotten worse on its own as time progressed.

I pray you can get answers and relief soon.
Click on my username or avatar picture to read my story.



Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.