Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Long term effects of running with hip osteoarthritis
simobk posted:
Hi all, [br>[br>I am 33yo and have hip osteoarthritis. I started running 2 months ago, and globally, the weight loss lessened my pain. [br>[br>Sometimes though, it can hurt a lot and running over it just makes it worse. Last week, my hip was just begging me to stop after 300ft, but I pushed 5 miles on it. I was in pain for the next two days, but am now back to normal and running. [br>[br>I don't mind that "occasional" pain and can deal with it, but am scared of any long term effects of running on it. [br>[br>Any knowledgeable people willing to share their opinions? [br>[br>Thanks, [br>[br>Simo [br>[br>PS: For a little history, I haven't exercised in 15 years. A little bit over 2 months ago, I promised myself that I'd run an IronMan for my 35th birthday, so I started running, swimming, biking and very little strength training. I am 5'8" and went from around 190lbs to 177kgs.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.