Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
body pain
An_254438 posted:
I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis 5 years ago. I have tried every med some make me sick some interfear with migranes and some just dont seem to do anything for me . I got the cortizon shots in the hips and knee and it helps for a little while but there not good to get all the time and they hurt like heck. so i just dealt with the pain for the for the first few years but for the last 2 years i have been in alot of pain so i have started to take a pain pill but i only take 1 1st thing in morn just to get up and motivate . i still work 12 hour shifts 3 days in row so i can take care of grandkids and father in law the other days. dr put me on cymbalta and i thought this was doing good but it was helping with my mood but not pain that was good for the mood but its expensive. my hands are crippling up worse back and hips and neck kills me and shoulder. i snap crackle an pop every time i move. i cant sleep. and i have lost 28 lbs by eating right , i love to walk but i just cant stand it with my knee. what i wanna know if anyone has any ideas of med they have tried that is working for them or something to help releive pain lotions, rubs even something homemade i will try. please help

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.