Skip to content
Pins and needles and some numbness in left foot after bi lateral hip surgery
hiek1 posted:
I had bi-lateral hip replacement with epidural 5 days ago. The epidural failed in that it gendered the area from knee to foot rather than waist to knee. Post op there was a recovery from the numbness but about 9-12 hours later pins and needles to a couple of toes and numbness over the top of the foot on left leg returned and has been present now for 3 days. Surgeon said it should go away in time but I am concerned it could be something more serious. It is the same leg he fractured the femur while putting in the prosthesis so I have some concerns both with surgeon and anesthetist. There is no pain associated with the numbness or pins and needles. Would appreciate if anyone else has experienced same and what they have been told

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.