Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Osteoarthritis in my elbows
xxtinkerxx posted:
I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in October of last year....now I'm having numbness from the armpit to my elbow only on the inside of my arm.....Is this normal for Osteoarthritis???....any help will be great

atti_editor responded:
Hi xxtinkerxx,
I found this resource that explains that sometimes arthritis-related changes in the spine can cause numbness or weakness in the arms, which might be what you are experiencing. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons also cites weakness or numbness in one or both arms as a symptom of OA.

However, I am in no way a medical professional, and I encourage you to consult with your doctor to ensure that what you are experiencing is normal for OA.

Hope this helps!

-Atti

adelestephensonguy responded:
Numbness is a normal side effect for people who have osteoarthritis. Although some meds like celebrex might help, but I recommend you to have your condition checked by a doctor so he can recommend you therapies and treatments.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Arthritis in foot
I have had severe arthritis in my right foot for over 4 years now. In 2006, I had cortisone shots and they worked for awhile. Now I just ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.