Skip to content
problems with medication
delvon123 posted:
Because I have high blood pressure I am limited with what I can take for my osteoarthritis. I have it in my back, right knee, hands and worst of all my feet. I spend half the night changing positions as the pain wakes me if I lay in one position too long. Putting my feet to the floor first thing in the morning is agony. After a hot shower I can start to move around but as the day goes on my feet are so painful even if I sit down, I find people stare at me when I try to get up to get off of a bus etc. I have had injections into my feet 4 in all now but they only last a few months. Has anyone else out there got feet problems and perhaps found a way of getting around or some relief I would be most grateful for any suggestions, I also get shooting pains through my ankles and heels that often make me groan out loud so embarrassing !

atti_editor responded:
Hi delvon123,

I am sorry that you are in so much pain! Have you tried applying hot (especially because hot showers seem to help) or cold compresses to your feet and ankles before bed or first thing in the morning?

I found some information that might be helpful to you:

Foot and Ankle Osteoarthritis : Toward the bottom of this article there are some stretches you might try doing, and information on how to choose shoes that will support your feet and ankles.

Osteoarthritis Pain : This article has some treatment options that don't include prescription medications that you might want to try.

I hope that one of these works, and you are moving pain-free soon!

-Atti

delvon123 replied to atti_editor's response:
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply, I will definitely try the stretches, I have found that the trainers used to tone leg muscles seem to help my walking as the heel doesn't seem to go down so hard, but I will give these exercises a good try, thank you
delvon123

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.