Skip to content
Pain in back, hip, knee and ankle - right side only
svcoleman posted:
I have chronic pain in the lower right side of my back for years that is gradually getting worse. If I stand or walk more than 10 minutes its excruciating. I can't sleep through a night anymore. I've had an MRI which showed arthritis in my L4-L5. I'm 39. I also have pain in my right hip. It snaps and cracks and is sore most of the time. My knee/knees are also involved. It's difficult to go up/down stairs and they buckle every now and then. My right ankle sprains/gives out while walking quite frequently and is always swollen and painful. I've had physical therapy on my back and my ankle with little to no relief. I've also seen a chiropractor with no results. I've been to my regular Dr and an orthopedic surgeon who say there's nothing they can see on xrays or MRI(besides arthritis in my ankle/knee and back) that would make me hurt this bad. Any suggestions on where to go next or what kind of Dr to see?

mariajohnson responded:
Well I think therapy and exercise are best to get relief from such pains. But therapy did not work for you. How long have you had the therapy?

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.