Skip to content
TKR / low iron
An_256176 posted:
Hello, I am new to the site. I am having Total Knee Replacement on 4/30 and am scared to death. Never had surgery before and people are so negative. I know you have to do the physical therapy and finish it! I know it will be painful but I am in pain everyday now. I am 54 years old and overweight. I have been thru cortisone shots and the fluid shots and the surgeon says this is the end of the road! Knee replacement is up to me and I want to be able to walk again without pain! I did have blood work done and my iron is low and have to take over the counter iron pills and B12. I hope this does not delay the surgery! Has anyone had this situation before?

atti_editor responded:
Hello and welcome to the community!

Members here are very supportive and will probably chime in soon with advice and any information from their personal experience. Any type of surgery, especially if it is your first time, is certainly scary, but having a good support system is important. -- You might also find it helpful to also post in our Knee & Hip Replacement Community for support and advice.

While you wait to hear advice from community members, here are some resources you might find helpful. The first is how to prepare for your knee replacement surgery -- actionable items you can start right now to help ease your nerves and make recovery time easier. The second is a timeline for knee surgery recovery and what you may be able to expect. And finally, some answers to common questions about knee replacement .

I hope that you are able to find the support you are looking for here, and that you will keep us updated on your surgery and recovery!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.