Skip to content
Coconut oil and cartilage
An_256229 posted:
Is it true that coconut oil helps rebuild cartilage?

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I am not sure about coconut oil and rebuilding cartilage, but this article has a good overview of what kinds of things you should have in your diet if you have OA -- they produce benefits such as keeping weight down, building strong cartilage, and reducing inflammation. You might want to ask your doctor if coconut oil would fall under this list as well -- this article has a good overview of coconut oil, which in any case should be used in limited quantities as it is a saturated fat and can increase risk for heart disease.

Best wishes,
Atti

An_256229 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you!

mariajohnson responded:
Applying coconut oil on your joints will lessen the amount of inflammation and relieve the pain associated with the swelling.
Check this out to know about benefits of coconut oil for arthritis.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/176920-what-are-the-benefits-of-coconut-oil-with-arthritis/

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.