Skip to content
arthritis in the neck
ldhdunn posted:
I was involved in an auto accident last summer. Was hit in the rear at 70mph, causing my suv to rollover several times. As a result, I sustained a fairly serious neck injury. X-rays indicated the presence of arthritis on all of the vertebra in my neck. I was totally unaware of it until then. Since then, I have experienced ALL of the symptoms, daily. Is it unusual to go from no symptoms, ever, to all symptoms, daily? And the pain is OMG, pretty severe. Just wondering if this happens to others.

atti_editor responded:
Hi ldhdunn,

That car accident sounds like it was scary! As this article says, in most cases the onset of osteoarthritis is gradual, but trauma to joint surfaces (possibly caused by the accident in your case) can lead to OA. This slideshow about tips for living better daily with arthritis, this article about diet and osteoarthritis, and this article about coping with osteoarthritis contain information that you may find helpful in working to manage your pain. Are you working with your doctor to manage your pain?

Best wishes,
Atti

ldhdunn replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately, no, I am not seeing a doctor. The other party's insurance money has been consumed by medical expenses and I cannot afford to see a doctor. Hopefully some of the information you provided will help. Thanks again!

LD

atti_editor replied to ldhdunn's response:
I hope the information helps and that you continue to update us on how you are doing!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.