Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BACK AGAIN
jwb43 posted:
I posted on here a few months ago but I just now caught up with the forum. I'm struggling with the same thing most of you have. I have bursitis in both hips, because of the bursitis I tried to work out with my upper body and now my shoulders both have chronic tendinitis. But I've been trying to get the hips fixed first so I could get back to exercise, even just going for a walk or being able to sit comfortably would be wonderful. I've tried everything under the sun but I just tried PRP injections last Friday. It's only been a week but I feel like there may be some potential here. Of course I was told not to do anything for two weeks. So the slight relief I'm feeling could be just from not using my hips much. Before I was going to physical therapy three days a week and it would always keep them hurting. Anyway the PRP shots were very painful but it's a lot less invasive than surgery. My Ortho told me it's my last hope if these don't work that I'm going to have to have my bursa"s removed. But I'm so glad to hear all the stories of success on here. I don't mind surgery but I usually don't recover very well. But I'd be willing to try it just because I have to get something of my life back. It's killing me sitting around and doing so little when I used to be so active. So thank you all for your posts and keep them updated because I can't wait to see how everybody turns out. I will let you know how the PRP shots work. I should know in another 3 to 4 weeks if it's helped permanently or not. In case you're not sure PRP stands for platelet rich plasma injections. You can Google it and find out all about it.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.